Tools for Transition: Jump-Start Your Career!
Workshop series for alumni and friends of Seattle University
Four consecutive Monday evenings: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m., October 1, 8, 15, 22 and 20, 2018.
Workshops take place in Student Center room 210, SU Campus.
Registration is limited so sign up soon!
Note: It is recommended you attend all 4 sessions! Contact Stephanie Jamieson (email@example.com) if you need to miss a session. (Refunds will not be issued for missed sessions.)
Looking for a job, a career change or re-start? This workshop will give you the tools you need, along with the opportunity to connect with other Seattle University alumni and work on your professional networking skills.
- Self-assessment tools to identify the job/career that’s right for you
- Approach to creating your strategy – key success factor in the recent economy
- Development of personal narrative and positioning – key marketing tools to sell YOU
- Coaching on networking and informational meetings – 95% of jobs are found that way
- Successful resume formats, LinkedIn, online presence, cover letters, emails to get results
- Tactics to enlist help and “be a vulture where you want to work”
- Job interview coaching, including prep for behavioral and fad questions
Conducted by Elizabeth Atcheson, founder and principal of Blue Bridge Career Coaching; see http://www.bluebridgecoaching.com/who_we_are.php
Current Students $40
Includes entrance to all 4 sessions, complete package of handouts, self-assessment tools, sample resumes and cover letters, interview coaching guide, etc.
On-campus paid parking is available for $6 as well as paid street parking and some free street parking on the east side of 12th Avenue. For more information on visitor parking see here.
Survey comments from previous Tools for Transition participants:
“Elizabeth's classes helped me identify the direction I want to go with regard to my career. I don't think I would have identified this without attending this workshop.”
“Where do you learn essential skills about looking for work? Here. What's more, the value goes way beyond in that the approach Elizabeth teaches is not only good for ‘finding a job,’ but keeping your career advancing outside of the ‘bubble’ of your current workplace. This info can help keep you from stagnating by building a professional network and keeping you connected to what is happening in your field in a broader way.”
“This class should be incorporated into every pending graduate's curriculum.”
“I was able to immediately implement the skills and tools you outlined each week!"